[LUG] NASA Space Apps Challenge Plymouth 2018

For anybody who is interested, NASA Space Apps Challenge 48 hour hackathon will be
taking place at City College Plymouth on the 20th and 21st of October, 2018.

More information in the forwarded email below:

[start of forwarded email]
To whom it may concern,

The Regional Centre of Excellence for STEM – City College Plymouth, UK are delighted
to have won a bid to host the NASA Space Apps Challenge 2018.  We would like to
invite all interested businesses, government organisations, academics, students,
staff and researchers from all disciplines to this globally coordinated event by
NASA.

We are asking that interested parties register for this FREE event on our home page
https://2018.spaceappschallenge.org/locations/plymouth-devon and that interested
sponsors email Dr Anna-Louise Ellis at AEllis2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
spaceapps2018@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

In essence, participants  DO NOT NEED TO BE ABLE TO CODE to take part – this is a
prototyping exercise for Industry, Academia and Government organisations – however
there is an expectation that there will be some element of this for some groups.

I have provided some details below, but please do not hesitate to contact me
regarding this – it would be great if you wished get involved – you can expect to
see marketing concerning this event in the coming few weeks (on the day we are
expecting regional TV and local press).

Details follow in the links below regarding format:

The main webpage:
https://2018.spaceappschallenge.org/

Registration:
https://2018.spaceappschallenge.org/locations/plymouth-devon

The Challenges
https://2018.spaceappschallenge.org/news/announcing-spaceapps-2018-challenge-categories

Helpful data pages (free api’s/code/data/images etc)
https://open.nasa.gov/open-data/
http://open.esa.int/
http://www.geoportal.org/
https://open.nasa.gov/explore/datanauts/

Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,

Anna

Dr Anna-Louise Ellis
Programme Lead for Foundation Degrees in Computer Systems and Software Development
Regional Centre of Excellence for STEM
City College Plymouth
Plymouth
UK