Re: [LUG] 20180920 OT. (perhaps?) Help please. To understand why URLs differ and domains change in loading smartphone apps.

Probably their third-party online-banking/mobile-banking provider .. its
sad these companies don't think these through before blindly telling
users 'do this' ...

You're right to be suspicious, but I suspect this is legit, and you'll
struggle to find anyone technical enough chez bank to tell you this,
because they simply don't know. Kinda bullshit I think, but hey ..
welcome to the 21st century ..

Good luck!

MJE