Re: [LUG] filtering recovered jpeg files

Title: pentiddywoodsheader

On 20/08/18 23:07, M. J. Everitt wrote:
On 20/08/18 22:15, Pentiddy wrote:
Hello all...
A few years back I made the novice mistake of losing all my photos due to a disk crash...
I did however manage to run a recovery program on the disk and get images off it.
I am wanting to finally sort through these and delete spurious thumbnails, internet cached images etc. and wondered if there is a convenient way of for instance filtering just full sized pictures out of the folders, or deleting files below a certain size... I am Xfce based so thunar scripts an option...
Any help with this greatly appreciated- trying to sort out some memorable photo's for my Daughter leaving home.
Thanks
Anthony

The file command may be your friend, you can write a script to parse the results of:
$ file soccerball.png
soccerball.png: PNG image data, 96 x 96, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced