Re: [LUG] OT: working abroad

On 14/08/18 12:13, Paul Sutton wrote:

On 14/08/18 11:41, Tom via list wrote:
Off on holidays and need to be able to contact our house sitters. Last
time I went abroad all my webmail etc refused to work because I was
abroad and as I dont bother with a phone abroad there was no way of
getting things working again. Anyone know of a way of kicking
gmail/yahoo etc to work when not in the UK?

Tom te tom te tom

I thought the whole point of webmail was that you can check from
anywhere, especially gmail / yahoo.

Paul

So did I, google and yahoo however seem to think that I am hacking in from abroad and disable use! They seem to think everyone has a mobile phone they can send a message to but as I don't get a phone signal in the house I can never get the phone number ratified so its all catch 22. I did have the misses phone number as the working on once but by the time we get the messages abroad they've timed out!

Tom te tom te tom