Re: [LUG] Wake on LAn

On Sat, Aug 4, 2018, 17:09 Richard Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

Looking to wake the Ethernet card. I have enabled it in the BIOS. I was hoping to do it from the Android phone.

Thanks

Rich

Richard Brown

This is a pretty good, although maybe too in depth for some, description of how to use WOL on Linux. To set up WOL on your machine, as opposed to sending the magic packets from it, head down to the "How Do I Verify" section.
https://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-send-wake-on-lan-wol-magic-packets.html

As far as sending magic packets from an Android device goes... there are tons of WOL apps available. Take your pick.

Grant. :)