[LUG] Parsing XML from met.no

Title: pentiddywoodsheader
Hello all,

I have recently installed conky-vision and am enjoying having weather information on my desktop.
It has however sent me down a rabbit-hole as I have subscribed to get the API from openweathermap as the conky-vision suggested. I was wanting different information (more detail and also ideally moonphase etc.) and came across met.no, whose API does no require a subscription, and gives a lot more detail.
I have got an example of the .XML file that it generates (openweathermap gives .json) and I have spent a little time looking at prettily coloured code in mousepad, and scratching my head.
Not being a programmer since BBCB days it all looks a tad baffling and like I could lose many hours fiddling around.
Is there a simple way to parse the information from this .xml file into the conky setup...?
I also have the weather applet (which is where I learnt of met.no), which is basically what I would like displayed (though more nicerer!) on my desktop.
Any help or suggestions of easy to understand instructions would be great!
Thanks

Anthony