Re: [LUG] sending e-mail in plain text

On Fri, Jun 08, 2018 at 11:01:29AM +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
> I am not too sure if this is useful.  I have put together a quick how
> to,  in order to try and help people send e-mail in plain text,  as I
> guess this helps to mitigate the associated gpg security issues.  But
> there is a consensus here that plain text is preferred anyway.
>
> http://www.dcglug.org.uk/send-plain-text-e-mail/

Advice like this is always useful, so kudos for taking the time to write
this, but to clarify: in the recent GPG bug ('Efail') a malicious actor
would send a special kind of email, which would indeed include some HTML
parts. If you want to prevent being vulnerable to bugs like these, you
need to ensure that HTML isn't rendered in messages you receive.

That can be done in Thunderbird via View -> Message Body As -> Plain
Text, but I'm not 100% sure this works in all cases.

Martijn.