Re: [LUG] website theme

On 07/06/18 11:26, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

Just been looking for a theme that actually makes the lug website look a
little more engaging, modern and interesting.  Have installed this to
see how it goes.

http://www.dcglug.org.uk/#

This theme may also be a little more responsive.

I have also re-written the front page ( which was draft anyway ).
Hopefully the text reflects more about what we do.

The theme comes with a few default social media buttons so I have added
these for fb / twitter but also added an image in the side bar to link
to friendi.ca

I have also added details of the remaining meetings for June,  and
within a local text file have added the details for July,  but JUST lug
meets.

Paul

Paul, thank you very much for the effort.
Idea is sound BUT  (Always a BUT!)

GREY lettering on black is a no-no!!

I spend a lot of time with folk learning how to use computers and they (I also including myself) find grey on black a very big put off .

It is like visiting cards with a bright logo and 60% dense grey text for name and contact details (the most important bit) because it is artistic.!

Perhaps a dense black text on a light blue background or whatever.
regards
"aged eyesight Eion"

This is due to eyesight.

If theme was to use a different colour background with a contrasting text it would be better.

--
regards
Eion MacDonald