Re: [LUG] Facebook page

On 06/06/18 20:41, mr meowski wrote:
On 06/06/18 18:18, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
Hi all,

Should we not be making an example here? Especially with all the talk of
using friendi.ca, distroot and all these other FLOSS, freedom and common
sense reflecting choices that one might expect from a Linux User Group?

I try not to judge and be pragmatic about these things but I've reached
the limits of my tolerance here - seriously, Facebook? Really? Surely
this is sending mixed messages at absolute best...

Staying pragmatic, it's obviously useless and completely unvisited
anyway. Do we really want people associating the LUG in any way with
shit like Facebook?

I say kill it with fire. As per usual this is only my (worthless,
individual) opinion of course, please feel free to disagree or ignore me.

But I think however being associated in any way with Facebook doesn't
just provide no value to the LUG, it actively creates negative value by
dint of association.

Cheers

Agree totally. I have never used facebook and never will. It may be a way to attract new Linux users, but for me a step too far.

Neil