Re: [LUG] MS acquires GitHub

On 03/06/18 21:59, Eion MacDonald via list wrote:
> Note. at 20180603 at 21.45 UK time
> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-03/microsoft-is-said-to-have-agreed-to-acquire-coding-site-github

Yeah, this is looking increasingly likely to be a done deal rather than
just a hypothetical at this point...

Right on top of this entirely related little issue:

https://medium.com/@DuroSoft/despite-backlash-microsoft-sticks-with-controversial-gvfs-name-57d6e175af9c

Good old Microsoft! Even when they try so hard to get things right they
just can't help themselves getting at least half of it frightfully wrong.

It'll all work out in the end I'm sure. Even if Microsoft do fully
acquire Github I'm going to continue using the site, the git software
and both Gnome + Microsoft gvfs without any concerns whatsoever.

Cheers