Re: [LUG] OT: Machine Learning processor.

On 22/05/18 18:05, Tom via list wrote:
> With GPU's costing a fortune and in short supply I was looking at ARMs
> offering https://www.arm.com/products/processors/machine-learning and
> this seems to offer 3TOP/W - so that's potentially 7.5TOPs on a USB
> stick - or possibly 5 with a few gig of ram and some coms stuff built in.
>
> This, to me, seems like something that should be open developed ASAP
> for education if nothing else
>
> Anyone got any thoughts?
>
> Tom te tom te tom

Well you might be interested in this then, the RK3399Pro:

https://www.cnx-software.com/2018/01/08/rockchip-rk3399pro-soc-integrates-a-2-4-tops-neural-network-processing-unit-for-artificial-intelligence-applications/

Unfortunately, just like the Adapteva Parallella boards, they are
unobtanium. Unlike the Parallellas however, you could probably
realistically buy a product with the RK3399Pro later this year though.

Did you mistype "something that should be developed ASAP for education"
for "something that should be developed as a fun toy for me" by the way? ;]

Cheers