Re: [LUG] gnome-shell move to workspace n

On 18/05/18 18:22, mr meowski wrote:
Having nearly finished a very overdue and complex upgrade from my
ancient Ubuntu 14.04 LTS install on my main workstation to 18.04 LTS
I've finally got to the point of mopping up the little bugs and
annoyances in my new environment to really make it $HOME.

This one's really minor but surprisingly frustrating so I wonder if
anyone else might have a fix for it - the current gnome-shell version
seems to have retired a specific function that I'm really missing. Right
clicking an application title bar now only has "move to workspace up"
and "move to workspace down" which is infuriating as I have many
workspaces active: I can't seem to find the old "move to workspace n"
context option available as a gnome extension or workaround. Scrolling
through my wall of workspaces, dragging and dropping in and out of the
workspaces overview or setting up a hacky keyboard shortcut won't cut
it, I definitely need a "right-click application > send to workspace n"
replacement.

Anyone have any ideas? Just to be clear:

ghost@failbot:~$ apt-cache policy gnome-shell | grep Installed
 Â Installed: 3.28.1-0ubuntu2

Cheers

Just to mention I have felt for a while there is (in Ubuntu and Xubuntu) a lack of use of workspaces by the people who develop these things. I find saving sessions results in randomly placed apps in workspaces on re-boot and re-login.

There should. however be a config somewhere that allows you to define keystroke combos to do pretty much anything.

Tom te tom te tom