Re: [LUG] gpg security flaw

On 14/05/18 20:46, Martijn Grooten wrote:
you should probably consider
using something else (Signal!)
I normally only use Enigmail/Thunderbird for signing, as
secure messages now down via protonmail.ch if possible.
But even signing seems effected to attach.

However "Signal" is based on ownership of a 'smartphone' (Android etc).
So us older users who only use 2G phone/SMS phones cannot use Signal on desktop as "Signal" system is tied to a smartphone contact list. "Sensitive" messages are sent by me over Protomail.ch to recipients who also use it. This works, except when "Great (electronic) Wall of P R C" blocks access to protonmail.com and protonmail.ch. My contacts in PRC and I find this occurs at times when PRCGov is 'alarmed' about sensitive issues, such as anniversary of Gate of Heavenly Peace incident (Tienanmen Guangchang).

So what do you advise / would you advise  for desktop only email users?

--
regards
Eion MacDonald