Re: [LUG] Python issues...

On 23/03/18 16:02, Pentiddy wrote:
> Hi Eion,
>
> My system is running a 64bit Xubuntu 16.04, a fresh install e few days
> ago after messing about trying to install mint (as stated didn't even
> complete installer without an error!)
> So I did a sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade, then followed
> the instructions on the link I shared before. It all just did it. I had
> tried to execute the installer before doing this and then afterwards it
> worked.
> I didn't specifically install glib.
> The only other thing I did do was as try to do what Tom te tom te tom
> suggested and install python-pip- though once I had done this it could
> not find zlib...(this was before the instructions on the link page)
> I should explain that have a somewhat haphazard approach to Linux, and
> things like why it works on one install on one computer and not on the
> same install on another is a complete mystery and has been the cause of
> much frustration- both for me and my very patient Wife! That being said
> I still love it!
> Good luck with the rti stuff.
> A final thought on this- I previously had two different netbooks that
> were running 32bit Xubuntu 16.04 and they both installed rti software
> without issues... could you try a 32bit system either dual boot
> installed or on a USB stick with persistence to use the software thereby
> sidestepping the whole MSWindows use...?
>
> Thanks to all for help!
>
> Anthony
>
> pentiddywoodsheader
> Pentiddy Logo. <http://www.pentiddy.co.uk/>   Pentiddy Woods
> <http://www.pentiddy.co.uk/pentiddywoods> / Pentiddy Woods newsletter
> <http://www.pentiddy.co.uk/newsletter>
> Pentiddy Natural Burials <http://www.pentiddynaturalburials.co.uk>
> Heartwood Creations <http://www.heartwood-creations.co.uk>
> Pentiddy Community Woodland <http://www.pentiddy.co.uk/communitywoodland>
>
> /
> /

For this Anthony, many thanks.
I had not thought about a 32 bit Xubuntu on a USB memory stick.
It works. I  downloaded Xubuntu 16.04, installed python pip per your
earlier message and then installed all the things on HMRC page and then
loaded HMRC BPI-rti.
I now have a working copy on that USB memory stick,  so re-loaded my
backup BPT-rti  company file and now have a back up or usable copy  on
that Xubuntu 32 bit Linux USB stick.
Anthony and others  many thanks.

Now to get it on my normal 64 bit OpenSUSE........

--
regards
Eion MacDonald