Re: [LUG] Portable routers

On 20/03/18 14:05, Andrew Kendall wrote:
They're basically a "Mobile 4G coverage to Wifi Hotspot adapter", for want of a
better description.

EE brought them out a few years ago, made by Huawei, but I believe there are several
available.

https://shop.ee.co.uk/connected-devices/4gee-wifi

https://shop.ee.co.uk/dongles/pay-monthly-mobile-broadband/gallery#

You need a suitable SIM and mobile account for it to work. I don't know how they're
billing them these days, but they used to be charged by your Mobile phone Data
Usage, making them convenient, if expensive to use.

Cheers

Andrew.

Thanks for the info. I have looked into it a bit more, and I now think I understand how they work. For me it would be unnecessarily expensive, with no real benefit.

At least I have learned something new, always useful,

Regards,

Neil