Re: [LUG] Server issues 500/502 notices and php.ini file

On 18/02/18 16:34, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> I use a shared server for some of the websites I help support. I am
> getting frequent 500 issues posted and I am looking at creating a
> php.ini file to ensure a longer timeout value. Would I be correct in
> assuming as it is a shared server the load placed on the server will
> cause 500 issues please? If so will changing the php.ini values help
> please?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Rich
Personally I would dig a bit deeper into your logs. These errors
shouldn't be caused by simple timeouts, more likely some code error,
particularly where PHP is concerned. You should find websites "in the
wild" that submit data, and wait for a response, which can take several
seconds where a complex DB query might be involved, and these don't
return timeouts normally.

Just my 2c,

Michael.