Re: [LUG] Use those spare cycles for fun and profit!

Indeed. Spare clock cycles, just don't hook it up to the web.

And while we are on this off topic, how much environmental damage does the production of bitcoin create?

Maybe only produce bitcoin during daylight or when the wind is blowing...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/technology-42265728

Say these figures are 10 times too high....(which seems unlikely)

That's still a lot of power.

Trevor