Re: [LUG] Small desktop computers

On 03/02/18 17:28, Neil wrote:
I was looking around the internet today and happened on so called small desktop computers. When I converted the dimensions to inches (millimetres, what are they?) I couldn't believe it. I thought I must have made a mistake, but other versions seemed to confirm it. And they mostly seem to have Linux installed.

If I am right, to my mind it would look just stupid, a diddy box like that alongside a normal sized screen and keyboard. And yet I see a claim that they are becoming more popular. Really? And how would you get inside the box if necessary?

Can anyone confirm this, or am I missing something?

thanks,

Neil

I maintain a computer for a friend, traditionally one of my old ones when I upgrade. 2 years ago we bought a new one about 6 inches square, intel driven, and I installed Mint. It has been going flawlessly ever since. She uses it for internet, email and legal documents. Perfect.

I can't remember what the model was but I can find out if anyone is interested.

George