Re: [LUG] PDA

I know Michael has sort of built a tablet from a Pi, large screen and
other components,  it is hardly portable in the current stage (proof of
concept I think at the moment).  I think it just runs full desktop.

1.  Raspberry pi costs around Â30
2.  Pi 7" screen about 70,  the pi fits on the screen case,  which I
think may be seprate,  you're looking at >Â100 for something that is
essentially about 3 3/4 " deep,  I have the pi screen here so just taken
that rough measurement.

Not quite what I would count as portable given that PDA is Personal
Digital Assistant and is designed to be lightweight and portable.

People have done this,  with other components though,  You can get
smaller screens.

Paul

--
http://www.zleap.net