Re: [LUG] Minecraft without minecraft.

On 03/01/18 19:38, Tom via list wrote:
> http://www.devonlive.com/whats-on/whats-on-news/you-can-now-take-stroll-982618
>

> links to a minecraft model of Exeters Roman fort. How can I look at this
> on Linux using free software? Can I load it into Minetest somehow?

I hope you like Java and crappy workaround shims...

Forget using free software, Minecraft itself is owned by Microsoft and
is proprietary. Minetest isn't feature compatible as far as I understand
it (corrections welcome!).

I wouldn't risk contaminating a production box trying to get this crap
working under wine either - this is exactly the sort of thing you keep
VMs around for.

Cheers