Re: [LUG] Router

On Fri, 22 Dec 2017, Richard Brown wrote:

Hi

Just been trying to sort out my network by cabling as much as I can!
Just ran into an issue. I couldn't work out why everything was so
slow. Then discovered I had a 10/100 router/modem. So off to purchase
a replacement. Is it worth buying a router/modem or seperate router to
handle the internal network please? Has anyone got something they want
to sell please? Rather reuse than buy new.

Why not just get a little 5-port Gb network switch? One port to the existing router and the other 4 to your home devices...

Or get an 8-port, etc. if you have more devices.

Gordon