[LUG] OT: 301 redirects

Hi Guys

I am hoping you can help please.

I am moving a site from makery.uk to makery.co.uk. It has exactly the
same url structure. It was a straight export from one WordPress site
to another.

I now need to shut down the original site but I want to create an
htaccess file to redirect the old site urls to the new ones.

Would this work please?

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://makery.co.uk$1 [R=301,L]

I am hoping that this will redirect makery.uk/somepage to
makery.co.uk/somepage and that we can keep the page ranking for each
page and post within Google.

Is the above rule sufficient please? I am using https - I have a
rewrite rule for http and also for http://www to the https within the
new site.

Many thanks for the help.

--