Re: [LUG] Login keyring

On 21/11/17 11:47, Julian Hall wrote:
Hi All,

I first encountered this when I recently reinstalled Skype. Every time I open it I get the message 'Enter password to unlock your login keyring.. The login keyring did not get unlocked when you logged into your computer.' I've just setup my domain FTP from within the Mint file manager, and that is doing the same. I can use both with no problem once I enter the password, but I don't know why it's suddenly started asking for it, and only with these two programs. Some forums claim it's a Google Chrome issue - I have never had Chrome installed; others say it's a default OS behaviour - if so why isn't it doing it for everything that requires a password, for example Filezilla does not have this issue.

Kind regards,

Julian

Have you got Mint to load "without entering a password"?

A normal password/login will open up the keychain for you when you login. I expect that's not happening with a "passwordless" login.

The workaround is to remove the password from the keychain. Google it, it's easy to do. Not that I recommend it.