Re: [LUG] Tabs in browsers

On 15/11/17 13:19, Neil wrote:
On 15/11/17 10:14, George Parker wrote:
In Firefox when I control/left click on a link to open in a new tab I can set it to display immediately using preferences. The default is to stay on the original tab but why you would click on a link to display in a new tab and not want to immediately look at the new tab baffles me. But that is what happens in Chrome and Vivaldi and probably others, and I can't find a way to set the new tab to open immediately in these 2 browsers. Is it just me?

George

In Pale Moon.... I have a mouse with a centre wheel which I can press down, as well as scroll. If I press the wheel down while resting on an icon in the bookmarks toolbar or on a URL called up Via Google for instance, or a link in your bookmarks list, the relevant item will open up in a new tab, and the focus will move to that tab.

In Vivaldi, there are some mouse gestures available, (see under settings), and others can be added. One of these is to open a link in a new tab. Rest the mouse pointer on the link until it is underlined. Then hold down the right mouse button and drag straight down a short distance. This will open the link in a new tab and move the focus over to that new tab.

Hope that helps,

Neil

Thanks to everyone who replied. Various avenues to explore there. I'll maybe have to break some old habits here to interiorise my browsing experience. (Maybe I'm reading too many US based tech news web sites?)

George