Re: [LUG] Tabs in browsers

On 15/11/17 10:14, George Parker wrote:
In Firefox when I control/left click on a link to open in a new tab I can set it to display immediately using preferences. The default is to stay on the original tab but why you would click on a link to display in a new tab and not want to immediately look at the new tab baffles me. But that is what happens in Chrome and Vivaldi and probably others, and I can't find a way to set the new tab to open immediately in these 2 browsers. Is it just me?
I usually right click to open in another tab when I am reading something and there is a link to something else, I use it all the time even when searching. I don't do the back and forth read 1/2 a page and end up distracted by another page.

Does mean I have far to many tabs open though :-(

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\