Re: [LUG] firefox 57

On 14/11/2017 19:36, mr meowski wrote:
> Nobody going to mention this? Quantum was released today.
>
> I was expecting a storm of enraged comments.
>
> Maybe too soon - it will take individual distros a day or two to roll
> them out via your respective package managers I suppose. Then we'll see.
>
> Cheers

Off-topic Windows Firefox use.
I am running Firefox Quantum on a Windows 10 box. I have run Firefox 57
from Beta channel for some time. However I am not a big
extensions/add-ins user, just some security ones on this WinBox so see
little different EXCEPT since September 2017 Windows 10 update, it
starts extremely slowly, as does all other browsers except MS Edge (I
use Opera, Firefox, Vivaldi , Chrome). The reason for this slow start is
to me unknown. Only Edge starts quickly.

Linux use.
On other Linux boxes (OpenSUSE, Mint) I stick with Distro Firefox
version. However I use download add ins for a few videos with music.
(Gaelic songs and pipe music mostly.) As yet these are 'legacy' add ins
, so I assume may stop working, but we will see.
 I am not enamoured of the new colour schemes.
--
regards
Eion MacDonald