Re: [LUG] firefox 57

I've heard the UI is unpleasant but I don't care...

Doesn't bother me. I stopped using FF several years ago when they got rid of another perfectly good UI and forced a change to one that was identical to Chrome, which was emerging then. They also removed a lot of the configurability that made FF very adaptable. I figured if they were going to copy someone else, why not go with the one they were copying?

(I was also fed up with having reported a MJPEG memory leak several times which had been introduced causing cctv feeds to fail and had my bugs closed with something like "Doesn't effect enough people to fix". I read yesterday that someone else had encountered this.)

The transition to Chrome wasn't simple as I was a heavy plugin user, but I've not looked back and Chrome works much better.Â

I figure another major UI change foisted upon users will just drive more people away from FF. Bad for variety, but at least it's not IE or Edge.