Re: [LUG] MPIRun - not running, well running and throwing an error

Compiled it and called it test so yes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On 11 Oct 2017, at 16:20, Tom via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11/10/17 11:51, Trevor Exwick wrote:

Dear All,

I am trying to setup some workstations to run openMPI - but even with the simplest Hello World type program I get:

mpiexec -n 22 test
Primary job terminated normally, but 1 process returned
a non-zero exit code.. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.
mpiexec detected that one or more processes exited with non-zero status, thus causing
the job to be terminated. The first process to do so was:

Process name: [[14821,1],0]
Exit code: 1

So ladies and gentlemen of the jury... what should I be looking for?

I've tried the old:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall openmpi-bin libopenmpi-dev

This is vanilla Ubuntu 16.04 LTS updated and upgraded with apt.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance

Trevor

Is your hello world called test?