[LUG] Reformatting previous RAID volumes

Hi All,

After my recent aggravation with HDs failing in my NAS I have ended up with two functional HDs - one 1Tb and one 2Tb - which are individual RAID 1 volumes. So I thought I would reformat them as EXT4 to use as external storage. However, gparted managed to remove the partitions but still insisted that both were RAID volumes so wouldn't format them. I passed them to a friend to see if he could do anything and after some searching online he came up with this:

sudo mdadm /dev/md127 --fail detached --remove detached

I thought I would pass it on in case anyone else encounters this issue. Probably rare but at least the information is out there.

Kind regards,

Julian