Re: [LUG] digital analogue computer

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017, Tom via list wrote:

Does anyone know of a digital analogue computer simulator at all?

No.. However I did build an analogue computer many many years ago. It was from a design published in (I think) Practical Electronics. I had it setup to simulate a lunar lander game from what I remember. Sadly it was one of many 'casualties' of various house moves, family sheanigans, etc. when I was a teenager, however...

After visiting TNMoC a few years back, I did try to find the original articles on it, but couldn't. I did find the designs for "PEAK" which was (I think) an earlier and much more complex version of what I built.

Could you simulate one? I'm sure you can - you'll need to simulate it in discrete intervals though so you'll end up with all sorts of aliasing (Nyquist) issues which you might be able to smooth out though.

My Ladder game for the Pi is effectively single RC simulator but you'd need much more than that to make a workable analogue computer.

https://projects.drogon.net/the-raspberry-ladder-board/

Good luck if you do embark on it!

Gordon