Re: [LUG] Ransomware

On 14/09/17 16:37, mr meowski wrote:
On 14/09/17 12:10, Neil wrote:

Could some one on the list please clarify this for me, and others? It
would appear that at least some of my ideas on this are wrong. Just how
safe is Linux?

It's never the tool, only how you use it...

No software is truly "safe" so don't worry about it - just keep up to
date, use some common sense and don't do stupid things and you'll be
fine, no matter what operating system you're using.

Cheers

Thanks for that. But I am still wondering. If I,for whatever reason, download some malware aimed at Windows, will my Linux computer ignore it or at least fail when it tries to run it?

Neil