Re: [LUG] NFS or Samba

On 08/09/17 06:56, Simon Waters wrote:
All the big Infrastructure as a service providers offer storage over NFS, even
Microsoft. We are probably still approaching peak NFS.

The clients are powered down a lot. Is that cleanly? If not you might want to make
sure they mount on demand, and unmount when idle.... although NFS has always coped
with such badness it could be tricky. Also what sort of files are being accessed.
I've seen pain with entire home folders and databases over NFS.

Is there an easy way for windows, android and apple users to connect to NFS?

Tom te tom te tom