Re: [LUG] Synology Disks

Just to put a close on this one. Manage to mount the hard drives and retrieve the data - thanks for all the help.

Rich

On 30 August 2017 at 14:12, mr meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 30/08/17 14:07, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I had 2 x 2tb disks in a synology box. I have mounted them to my new
> computer and can see the volumes in Disks programme. How do I mount them
> please and see if I can read data.

Run these two commands:

sudo parted -l
mount | grep sd

Paste the results here.

Do you know how the disks were setup in the Synology? RAID type, etc?
Doesn't matter if not. Basically you'll probably need to install some
extra software and run a couple of commands.

Cheers

Kind Regards

Richard Brown
07747 343637