Re: [LUG] Changing User ID.

On 01/08/17 18:33, Julian Hall wrote:
> Cheers, I'll get rid of the intr option.

Whilst we're at it, can we just get rid of *all* the dodgy fstab options
completely? Modern NFS should largely just automagically take care of
all this by itself and as you use current Mint I believe, your NFS
client is well behaved and sane. I suspect the Synology NAS might not be
so well behaved.

Can you interrogate the NAS to see what version(s) of NFS it offers?

rpcinfo -p 192.168.1.3

Presuming the Synology does NFS v4 that should be the only option you
really want to specify as a NFS mount option going forwards - just
delete all the rsize/wsize/timeo and everything else completely. What
does this currently show on your system when you have a NFS share mounted?

mount | grep -i nfs

Also, can you bodge this by opening one of the known currently
non-compliant files on the NFS share with:

gksudo libreoffice /path/to/nfs/share/some/stubborn/file

There are still old bugs floating around concerning arcane mixes of
libreoffice and NFS locking behaviours clashing so a good start would be
to make sure your NFS is at least working sanely to start with,
especially now you've got the opportunity to go from scratch after
replacing the disks.

Cheers