Re: [LUG] RAM upgrade

On 27/06/17 06:44, M. J. Everitt wrote:
On 26/06/17 15:50, Neil wrote:
On 26/06/17 15:30, Martin Gautier wrote:
Yes it would

On 26/06/17 15:18, Neil wrote:
Recently I acquired a Mini laptop, HP mini 210 1000sa. It goes quite
well, once a package is up and running, but takes a while to first
load one. There is only 1Gb of RAM, and I could upgrade it to 2Gb. I
am wondering if it would be worth it. Would it make a noticeable
difference?

Thanks for the quick response. I will order it then,

Neil

Mine came from
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-corsair-ddr2-so-dimm-pc2-6400-%28800mhz%29-200-pin-unbuffered-cas-5-5-5-18
but delivery from Scan bites. I seem to remember there were a couple of
options for that part though :)

Hth,

Michael.

Thanks, but have already ordered it from Crucial. About the same price. I see that there are also some SSD's available which are suitable, but the price is too high. For what I want I will stick with the current set up.

Now I am getting used to it I am finding it very useful already. I am hoping that the extra RAM will help to speed up the loading up of the packages, which takes a while now. Once loaded it does very well.

I plan to bring it with me at the next meeting,

Neil