[LUG] Gnome

Hi

So Ubuntu is moving back to Gnome within the next year. It's a shame as I quite like Unity (mostly).

I'm running 17.04 and thought I'd swap to Gnome Desktop now whilst I have time to get used to it again.

The current version of Gnome is allegedly v3.8. Looking this up in the Ubuntu repos though, it's showing as 3.25. I've added the Gnome PPA and it's still showing the same version for the various elements.

Is the term "Gnome 3.8" just a catch all banner version number with different version numbers for the various elements or am I missing something?

Cheers