Re: [LUG] Fab lab Devon to expand to Barnstaple

Am up for that idea wondered about doing training on media and code Âlike that too.

On Thu, 1 Jun 2017 at 17:17, Tom via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/06/17 09:10, M. J. Everitt wrote:
On 01/06/17 08:44, Paul Sutton wrote:
Looks like Barnstaple Library could get it's own fablab. Spotted this on
spotlight this morning so found a link on the bbc website.   I know
there are people here in North Devon.

http://www.fablabdevon.org/fablab-barnstaple/

Paul

Considering doing the volunteer 'training' and splitting some time
between Barnstaple and Exeter... !

They're looking for a full-time technician at Barnstaple (paid) .. but I
know I can't commit to that!

MJE

I've been wondering about VanLab - ie fablab in a van that can be take to smaller communities/schools on a regular basis*. I spoke to Susanne at Holsworthy on Tuesday and she said the 3d printer they had there was chosen for its sturdiness and transportability. Needs some looking into but could be a goer.

* and subsidised by renting to business?

Tom te tom te tom