Re: [LUG] Recommended Kernel Updates

On 5/26/17 10:31 PM, Julian Hall wrote:
> 4. Unsafe updates - could affect system stability
> 5. Dangerous updates - known to affect system stability of some hardware

NOTE:
Ubuntu normally lists all kernel updates as in class 5.
[Linux Mint similarly]
[They do not test against ALL possible hardware.]

What I do is allow Ubuntu to show class 4 and 5 updates, but I only
select the kernel ones. Your GRUB" set up show after update allow you to
select the new kernel (default) or go back to older kernel, the options bit.
So you can check new one by using and if problems start in older one and
delete new one.
--
regards
Eion MacDonald