Re: [LUG] system.d Mint18 automount NFS

On 25/03/17 19:27, Julian Hall via list wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have just upgraded from Mint 17.3 to 18, which uses system.d. As you
> probably know this will not mount NFS shares properly which is a menace
> as my NAS is NFS. In 17.3 it auto mounted so was available all the time.
> Could you advise please as currently my system can't see the NAS no
> matter what options I put into the fstab. The current entry is:
>
> # automount synology nas
> 192.168.1.3:/volume1/Hera /media/julian/HERA nfs
> noauto,x-systemd.automount,nouser,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,atime,rw,dev,exec,suid
> 0
>
> Any help gratefully received.

More than likely it's just NFS options changing between 17 & 18...
that's quite a fstab stanza as well, yikes. Before blaming systemd, what
does it have to say first?

journalctl -xn

And can you just mount the share manually, like this:

sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.1.3/volume1/Hera /media/julian/HERA

Cheers