Re: [LUG] OT: Laser cut metal parts

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017, Richard Brown via list wrote:

Hi

I spoke to someone on the list about getting laser cutting done. But I
cannot remember who! Could they email me please or if anyone knows where I
can get stainless steel laser cut can they let me know please?

Currently the cost is ridiculous. In USA they have quoted $180 + delivery
which is far cheaper than the UK!

If anyone is interested I am trying to set up a plastic recycling business.
See here:
https://preciousplastic.com/en/

I need the parts cut to build the machines! Thanks

I got some mild steel plates (laser) cut to fit one of my ovens a while back. Cost was Â33+VAT each for plates 530x330x10mm. They wanted about Â90 each for SS. No delivery charge as I could collect from the works. This was via the South Devon Railway in Buckfastleigh who simply used their usual steel supplier in Plymouth. I'd ask about at local yards if I were you.

Gordon