[LUG] Repetier host install

Hello
I need some help installing Repetier host to run a large 3d printer I am building (roughly a 500mm cube). I have tried to install it in a terminal with
'sudo sh configureFirst.sh' and then 'sh createDesktopicon.sh,. The first command seems to say the install was sucessful, but the second does nothing and returns;-

*************/Documents/new printer/RepetierHost$ sh createDesktopIcon.sh[sudo] password for aaron:
Unknown media type in type 'all/all'
Unknown media type in type 'all/allfiles'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mms'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmst'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmsu'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/pnm'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspt'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspu'
createDesktopIcon.sh: 5: createDesktopIcon.sh: Bad substitution
createDesktopIcon.sh: 17: createDesktopIcon.sh: cannot create /home/aaron/Documents/new printer/RepetierHost/Repetier-Host.menu: Permission denied
chmod: cannot access ‘printer/RepetierHost/Repetier-Host.desktop’: No such file or directory
This folder now contains a repetier-RepetierHost.desktop file
Copy it to your desktop to get a launch icon there
aaron@willow:~/Documents/new printer/RepetierHost$

Can anyone help me out here.  I have tried everywhichway.  My machine runs Ubuntu 14.04.
And if anyone wants to come and help configure this thing I'd be more than grateful

Thanks for any help
Aaron

Your technique is exquisite

Please to check out my new website: www.cnccraft.co.uk