Re: [LUG] WIFI Acting Up

On 15/11/16 21:38, Richard Brown wrote:
Hi All

Thanks for all the replies regarding ssh. I'm looking forward to giving it go. In the meantime I have noticed my wifi acting a bit strange. On the applet in the top right hand menu bar it no longer shows wifi networks available. I connected to my home one by typing the ssid in directly. However, tonight when I went to a friends shop to do some work I couldn't connect to the wifi. I typed the ssid and password in directly but it wouldn't connect.

Anything I can do to sort this out please? I am going to Google the problem now. I have only just got home!

Thanks

Rich
--
Kind regards

Richard Brown
07747 343637

Check that you've got any relevant proprietary firmware blobs installed .. otherwise it might be acting in some form of 'compatibility' mode .. usually it will prompt you to install Third-Party blobs of such nature automagically...

dmesg | grep -i firmware # may help you

MJE