Re: [LUG] Reinstalling Ubuntu

Hi

Thanks for the help.

What I did was to run this command:
sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop

I then did an update and when I rebooted all I got was two options at the boot screen was Kubuntu and Ubuntu. When I click on Ubuntu it goes to a black screen and then after a minute returns to the login screen. If I select Kubuntu it logs in fine.

I tried running:
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop

and then:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall ubuntu-desktop

It simply says it is already loaded.

Thanks

Rich

On 13 November 2016 at 20:29, mr meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 13/11/16 20:17, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I installed Kubuntu to test it out. However, now when I try to use
> Ubuntu it doesn't load. is there anyway to repair or retrieve the
> original Ubuntu desktop please?

We're going to need a bit more info than that, particularly regarding
your disk/partitioning setup. Did you literally install the entire
kubuntu distro over the top of an ubuntu system? Presumably not, so does
your system have a single disk partitioned with both distros on, or two
disks, or something else?

Cheers

Kind regards

Richard Brown