Re: [LUG] Linux Voice closing

On 29/10/2016 17:21, Andy Wills wrote:
> Linux Voice magazine is closing:
>
> https://www.linuxvoice.com/linux-voice-joins-linux-new-media-family/#comment-282349
>
> Well, more accurately, it's merging with Linux Magazine; having about
> 30 pages written by Linux Voice in the current Linux Magazine issue.
>
> But this brings an end to the LV profit-sharing plans, and also the
> release of articles to Creative Commons. Linux Magazine has a 'free as
> in beer' release after 12 months, I haven't looked to see what the
> license details are.
>
> The Linux Voice podcast remains.

Following correspondence with Linux Magazine, if you subscribe to both,
then your remaining Linux Voice issues will be used to extend the Linux
Magazine subscription.

The 'free' availability of Linux Magazine is for issues older than 12
months to see on screen. charged if you want to download as PDF.

Quite a different ethos from Linux Voice release to CC by SA.

LV did not generate enough subscriptions to be viable so ran at a loss
for last two years.

--
regards
Eion MacDonald