Re: [LUG] Raspberry Pi and Touchscreen

Hi All

Trying to sort out the problem I ran:
dmesg | grep -i ft5406

But it is showing nothing.

I have checked the cables and they all seem fine.

Thanks

Rich

On 19 October 2016 at 21:26, Richard Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for that Tom. Ran all the commands as suggested but nothing is happening.Â

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Rich

On 19 October 2016 at 19:13, Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 19/10/16 19:09, Richard Brown wrote:
Hi Guys

I think I am being a bit stupid here but hopefully you can help. So I ordered a case from Pi Hut and a copy of Noobs. I have connected the lot together and I am seeing nothing. The Pi lights up but no touchscreen.Â

Should I connect the Pi to a monitor first, run noobs, update etc and that will make the screen work please?

Or is it broken.

Thanks

Rich
--
Kind regards

Richard Brown
07747 343637

You need to connect up to a monitor (or possibly ssh in if on ethernet) and do a sudo apt-get update;sudo apt-get upgrade and then reboot as it needs to load the drivers for the screen.

Tom te tom te tom

Kind regards

Richard Brown
07747 343637