Re: [LUG] FISH (Friendly Interactive SHell)

Already seems helpful and fast thanks Neil.

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 5:02 PM, <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Came across the fish shell a while ago and so far I like it. I find it easier to use than bash for scripting. Just wondering if anyone else on the list has looked at/used it, and if so what are their thoughts.

I have now made this my default shell, but bash is still there and available of course. I did look as the z shell, but just could not get on with it. Probably my fault.

One thing I particularly like about fish is that working with floating point numbers is built in. Bash works with integers only unless you bring in bc or calc.

Just wondering,

Neil