Re: [LUG] If you can connect a raspberryPi on this Intel is dead!

On 24/07/16 17:20, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016, Tom wrote:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/andromium/the-superbook-turn-your-smartphone-into-a-laptop-f

Er..

This isn't new. It also depends on a dedicated "app" to run on that phone - so hooking up a Pi (or anything else) to it is going to be somewhat challenging.

On the "this isn't new" side - there's the Motorola Atrix - same idea, screen, keyboard, trackpad, internal USB hub and batteries - and a dedicated dock to plug the right phone in.

Or with a few cables, a Raspberry Pi. I've had one for a few years now. See

  http://unicorn.drogon.net/IMG_20151128_194814.jpg

Not a great picture, but you might get it. Just google for "Atrix Pi" and you'll see many others. The connector at the back takes HDMI and USB. It runs a Pi B for over 4 hours - probably twice as long for a Zero.

Gordon

There is a way of hanging the Zero of a USB and VNC'ing into it (with sound and other stuff!!) with a few driver additions. I'd expect that when this rolls into production drivers for it will turn up quite rapidly - or a hardware clunk for a couple of quid. The market it for this is quite large and it at less than half the price of the modmypi I'd expect it to be pretty popular! And modmypi will have to compete.

Tom te tom te tom