[LUG] Plymouth Uni - over to (some of) us?

Dear LUG

Thank you those who contacted me about this. My meeting with Plymouth Uni IT honchos was much more constructive than I expected given PU's until very recently almost exclusive commitment to all things MicroSoft. We speculated about possible moves towards a Bring Your Own Device, hence Bring Your Own Software, policy in the future.

They agreed to
  1. support an attempt to set up a PU community of Linux users - so over to us...
  2. with suitable disclaimers (i.e. users will need to rely heavily on other Linux users and the web for support), add a Linux section of the PU IT help pagesÂ
  3. with same disclaimers, also put onto PU's University-Wide Software Self-service links to LibreOffice download, perhaps also R (and maybe a small number of other good examples of OS desktop software? - but we left that vague. Suggestions?)Â
Any of you connected with PU, please feel free to contact me direct if you'd like to be involved.

Perhaps the first task for a user group would be the Linux help pages for use in PU?

BW

Rod

--
Rod Sheaff