Re: [LUG] Media centre

Daft question .. but does it have a screen attached, or is it more functioning as a headless media/file server? I think the likes of XMBC (possibly Plex) need a screen .. but MythTV you can just use the scheduling/database backend without the front-end.

If you're just sharing media files, NFS for *nix and/or Samba/CIFS for Windows (*cough*) might suffice .. horse for courses and all that! :)

MJE