[LUG] Diaspora at home.

I recently experimented with Diaspora on a server which now regards BT as a bad gateway but it did seem like an interesting concept. I was wondering if anyone has tried running it from home as I was wondering if it could be possible to set up something like RaspberryPi zeros as personal Diaspora hosts so you could give one to someone and they could take it home and plug it in and you can securely communicate with them and other Diaspora users.
Tom te tom te tom